Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Cleaning!

My Sunday was spent Spring Cleaning! Oh how I love a good deep cleaning and getting organized. I just love organization! Amazing too how spring cleaning usually leads to the discovery of things you either didn't know you had or thought you'd long ago lost. Just a few days ago I was commenting to my husband that we needed a flour sifter. Low and behold I found one while cleaning! Amazing. The secret to a good spring cleaning post children is to have them out of the house while you do it! The hubs took our two boys out to their man store Lowe's. He loves that store, finding himself projects he wants to do but never will.



I've also begun a new promise to myself when it comes to working out. Since I started running I've begun to rest on that as my sole means of exercise. Considering I don't run far yet and I have a decent amount of weight left to lose I need to up my game. I'm vowing that immediately upon putting the boys down for naps I'm changing into my workout clothes and I'm doing some intense cross training. Hold me accountable for this! I started this over the weekend and managed to get my husband to participate as well. Makes for a lot more fun when you have some by your side to moan and groan with! On Saturday we did "The Firm step aerobics" and Sunday was a little fun with the Wii Active. It was a great time and I'm excited that I'm finally feeling excited about exercise! It felt good to sweat buckets.

Ah and how could I forget! We lucked out by finding ourselves a used great condition double jogging stroller for just $35! Total steal! It is a BabyTrend Expedition. We took it out for a first run last night. My husband who told me he couldn't run 2 miles totally ran laps around me while he pushed the stroller. We both finished an awesome 2 mile run (I'm thinking he ran more like 2.5 cause a few times he did an extra stretch of road while waiting for me to catch up). It felt good!! I find that I hit my stride around the 1.5 mile mark, just in time to be done running! I've got another week or two of 2 milers and then I'll start hitting 3 miles in my training. Hoping that I continue to hit my stride easily. It will be an experiment because I find myself wondering if 1.5 miles is my magic number or if I'm hitting it then because my Nike+ is telling me I only have 1/2 a mile left to go! Guess only time will tell.

When do you hit your running stride? Is it a set point in the run or is it dependent on the total length of your run?

1 comment:

  1. It takes me a while to hit my running stride. I perfer out and back runs becuase when I turn around I feel like I hit my running stride....becuase I know I am half way done and just have to get back to my car.

    ReplyDelete