Monday, March 28, 2011

Back in Saddle

After a week of no running I've gone out to run twice now. The first was a miserable 1 miler. Every inch of me ached. I wanted to go home and sit on the couch and veg. Liked I'd been doing all week.

More ice.

More rest.

Try again today. 2 miles was the goal. I completed 1.6 miles before my body was done. The first mile felt WONDERFUL. I was chugging along, enjoying the morning, the hint of chill in the air. I was running on air. Birds were singing!

After that first mile though it went downhill. I started to feel aches here and pains there. Weird things that have never bothered me before. My right knee. My right hamstring. Not pain really but I could feel every.single.step. The beautiful morning suddenly became hot and humid. The road became hard. Birds were fighting.

But I did it, I got up and ran so I'm back!!!!!!!! I can never quit running. For the first time in my life I actually have defined calf muscles forming!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good job getting back up on that saddle. The first few days are usually the worst, but then it will be so natural to you again.

    ReplyDelete