Wednesday, March 9, 2011

New training plan

I signed up for a new training plan on the Nike+. I switched over from the walk to run plan to the Coach Jay 5K plan. It is definitely going to challenge me and force me to push myself out of my comfort zone but that is what I need. My mental game eats me alive and my physical game is still a struggle, I fight for every step I take, but I'm seeing growth in both departments. Go me!

Yesterday was day 1 and it was a simple 1 mile run. Ha. When did 1 mile turn into a "simple" run for me! Cause like I literally just learned to run it! I finished, not my fastest mile ever but I felt good during it. Today is no running, I'll do a DVD or Wii Fit. Tomorrow is 2 miles. I haven't run 2 miles in my adult life. I'm going to have to really push myself. I think I can physically master it, and I'll have to believe I can mentally do it too.

Speaking of believing I also ordered myself a nice little reward for when I hit my 20lbs milestone. I'm sooo close! Just 5 more lbs to go. It is a necklace that says "Believe" on the front and "13.1" on the back. I've struggled for many years to believe in myself. I've always been quick to admit my failures and faults. But I'm starting to Believe. Believe in myself. Believe that I can do it. Believe that 13.1 isn't a fantasy, it can be a reality. Can't wait for it to arrive so I can wear it as a reminder to myself to Believe in it all.


I ordered it from a cute little shopped called Lift Your Sole. Love the name!

No comments:

Post a Comment