Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Kids say the darndest things

During my nap time work out my oldest son (he's 3) came out to see what I was doing. Of course he wanted to join me so I let him. I love promoting a healthy lifestyle to him and if he wants to exercise I'm going to encourage it! I know he isn't going to sleep anyhow so might as well have fun. About 10 minutes in he turns to me and says "Exercising is fun and good for you!" The rest of the conversation went like this...

Me: Yes! It sure is. Good for your weight and your heart!
N: What? No! Boys don't have hearts! Only girls have hearts.
Me: Oh really? Boys don't have hearts?
N: Nope boys only have brains!
Me: Do girls have brains?
N: (long thoughtful pause followed with a somewhat reluctant) Yeah girls have brains AND hearts.
Me: Good answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment