Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Lessons Learned

After another week of not keeping a tight reign on my point count and very little exercise it finally caught up with me in my weigh in. I dropped .5 lbs. It's a loss but not much, I was really hoping to be down the next 2 lbs. The 2lbs I need to get to 20lbs total weight loss and 10lbs total for 2012. My husband hit his 10 lb goal today, got to color in the bar graph we made to keep us accountable. It was a wake up call for me though. No messing around. If I want this I have to WORK for it. Looking back at the past week I regret a lot of choices because a better choice here or there and I might be where I want right now. Okay, lesson learned. This week will be better. I'll have a great report next week.

As far as running goes I'm feeling slightly discouraged. I've been running since LAST January and still barely pushing 2 mile runs. I thought I'd be so much further along by now. Training for a half instead of barely surviving a 5K. I know that running is different for everyone and I know I've had to contend with multiple injuries but it still hurts to see little to no progress. My 5K is in 2 weeks. Last night I did a 2 mile run, my goal was 2.25 but I stopped at 2 miles because my foot was throbbing. I regretted stopping though as soon as I was done and back home. It was like in that moment I felt like if I didn't stop right then I'd never ever stop and I'd have to run forever........cue dramatic music. But really once I was done I realized it DOES end and now all I have is regret that I didn't push through a little more. No wonder I never get better! So another lesson learned. Push through because it will end and I'd rather be sore than sorry as they say.

Some runs I chant a little mantra of "I don't quit when I'm tired, I quit when I'm done." But for some reason that didn't come to mind yesterday. I just want to have a great 5K. I'm scared of getting sweeped in the race even though at my slowest I'm not even as slow as the sweepers pace. I'm hoping for adrenaline to keep me going through that final mile.

1 comment:

  1. At least it was a loss and not a gain, right? That stinks that you are still having issues with running. have you considered going to a sports medicine type person? they might have some suggestions.

    ReplyDelete